BUYER BEWARE !!!
Has your contractor asked YOU to obtain a permit?
Most cities/towns require a building permit when installing a new roof, even for a lay-over. If a contractor has asked you to get the roofing permit from the city, be aware of the following:
- The contractor may be attempting to absolve him/herself from liability and responsibility for the quality and workmanship of the work performed.
- Your contractor may not be licensed with the city or even the state. (All roofing contractors in the state of Illinois must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation)
- It is not cheaper for a homeowner to obtain a permit.
- The time frame for processing permit application is the same for homeowners as for contractors.
Should you decide to pull your own permit:
- You will be held to the same standards and the same inspection schedule as a contractor.
- The city will not be able to help you resolve any disputes or problems with unlicensed contractors or their work.
- You will be responsible for correcting any deficiencies in the work performed.
- It is a code violation to falsify information on permit applications.
Let Heritage Roofing put your mind at ease. We will NEVER ask you to acquire any building permits, nor will we perform any work without proper authorization. Our knowledgeable staff is dedicated to ensuring all city, state, and code compliance.
Give us a call today 708 253-2561 or 773 259-7869